Wednesday, August 1, 2012

AU - 1st Class... Fantastic!

I am home and tuckered out after a fantastic day of paint and play at Art Unraveled. Jane Lafazio's monoprinting class was so much fun. I saw some familiar faces and made some new friends. Here are pics from my wonderful day. Enjoy!
Here is the class. Amazing, creative women hard at work.
Just to give you an idea of how much fun we were all having... this is what the floor looked like by lunch time. We were banging out print after print and just couldn't stop. Both of the above shots were of the pieces that two of my table neighbors were making. Beautiful!!

 Here is sweet Jane! I just love her!! She is giving us demos on where to take the piece once you have made your monoprints. Her demos... applique, free motion stitching, collage, colored pencil & water soluble crayons with a water brush. 


 Here is a shot of my pieces. These are just 4 of the many. I am showing these because they are the ones I am most proud of that I made on muslin fabric. The rest I used paper for. I plan to cut those up and use them as collage elements for these fabric pieces. Hopefully I will do that in a reasonable time frame to show you all. 

Now on to day 2! I will be making a book out of all the old lacy bits I have collected from estate sales and such over the past year or so. So stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh love it!!! Looks like it was a great class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie! Are you taking any classes this year? I decided last minute to go for it and go to the saturday night event as well. Everybody just keeps telling me how much fun it is. I hope to see you there.

      Delete