Tuesday, July 31, 2012

On to the next adventure in mixed media...

The Mixed Media from the Heart e-course has come to an end... sigh... It was such a wonderful experience that I have gained so much from. I not only learned a TON from Danita, but I'm so lucky to be a part of a wonderful community of such talented artists from all around the world that is there to support me in my journey through a facebook group. It is fantastic!

Here is a photo from a painting that I made during the course. You may remember the background from an earlier post. If not, check it out here.

So, now I am packing up my supplies for my next adventure in mixed media art. I will begin my classes at Art Unraveled tomorrow. For those of you that don't know, Art Unraveled is an art retreat that is held here in Phoenix, Arizona once a year. (In August!! Of all the times to be in the desert!!) But I don't mind since I live here. It is fantastic for me :)

This is what I have made for the name badge competition. Art Unraveled is on its 10th year. So my idea really focused on time flying. 

Phoenix in August - AU 10 Years
My first class is taught by Jane Lafazio. She taught a class I took last year and I loved her. So I just had to take another from her this year. She is just so sweet and very knowledgeable. It will be a fun time. The class is on monoprinting using gel plates and transparent color. Hopefully I will have a beautiful piece to show you when I get finished tomorrow. But to give you an idea of what it is like, here is a monoprinted art quilt that I bought from Jane at last years Art Unraveled shopping day. It is called Poe and I adore it! All the more reason to learn this technique, right?

I will try my best to take lots of photos from my classes and share them as I go. I am usually pretty beat when I get home each day, so I cannot make any promises.

I am so excited to get started! I hope to see some of you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment