Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 2 of Mixed Media from the Heart...

Wow! I am having such a wonderful time learning and playing in this e-course! Sometimes it is just nice to have someone tell you what to do to get out of your own head a bit. Danita, as well as the other students taking the class, have been so fabulous at giving feedback on our posts to the group facebook page. I guess that is what makes it feel like a classroom setting despite not having the other students next to you. This is my first online art class, so you can see that I am just now figuring all this out.

I could go on and on about how wonderful the class is and how much I am enjoying the projects. But I won't bore you with all that. Here are some photos of my handmade stamps as well as two of the backgrounds that I have made for the class this week. Enjoy!

Hand carved girly stamp and tiny O
I didn't like the material I was carving on here. It was crumbly and a few pieces came off when I wasn't intending them to. I believe it was called Speedy-cut by Speedball.
 Hand carved feather and tiny heart
Switched to Speedball Speedy-Carve. 
I am much happier with this stuff!
 Here is my first layer of my first background. 
 Another shot of just the first layer. 
I wanted to show how I pulled all the colors from this particular page of my color journal.
 Here is the finished background. 
I believe that we will eventually be adding a figure or some focal image to the 
backgrounds that we are making. :) 
 This is my second background with just the first paper layer. 
Again I pulled from another page of my color journal for the palette. 
 And here is the finished background! I had such a fun time making them. 
I am eager to get started on Week 3!!!

XOXO,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment