Friday, June 1, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter...

My daughter Nola's school put on an Art Fair towards the end of the school year this year that I was rather impressed with. It was quite a well organized event. Each classroom had art displayed outside along with a 'gallery' like display of framed art from each student in the cafeteria. It worked as a fundraiser for the school since you could purchase your child's framed art at the end of the show.

Now, I knew that my Nola was a wonderful artist prior to this event. She has always been very interested in what I am doing, tries her hand at it all and talks about becoming an art teacher when she grows up. But she really wow'd me with her pieces that she had created at school! I have to show them off because I am such a proud mama! I think that these are amazing for a kindergartener!
This is a drawing of another student in her class. They were working on portraits and told to draw their partner (model). 


This is the piece they framed of hers for the gallery. 
They were shown Van Gogh's Starry Night and told to create their own version.

I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next. It is so fun for me to share my art with her and see her eyes light up. I feel the same when she comes home with her art from school. I am learning so much from her as well. So often I try to channel my inner child and create from that place of free spiritedness.

She is already an amazing art teacher!!

No comments:

Post a Comment