Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fun stuff coming up...

I just signed up to take Danita's Mixed Media From the Heart e-course! Oh boy! I am so excited about this course. I am hoping that it will get the ball rolling for me to get some new paintings in the works. It is not that I am in a funk, it is just that I am always finding so many other things are more important to take care of than creating these days. I think having the kids home from school for the summer is part of it. I see them getting antsy or bored and then the pool, library or local trampoline park sounds like more fun than seeing their sad faces or hearing them ask to watch tv!

Danita is such an inspiration. She is a mom and a very successful mixed media artist. Her etsy shop is jam packed full of fun whimsical art. I can relate to her art because she has that whimsical style and childlike subject matter which I tend to focus mine on as well. I do hope to learn some of her tips and tricks on painting faces and more background techniques.

I'll keep you updated on how it is going as I journey through this course. I am so excited to get started. I believe there is still room in the class... so join us if you would like!

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment