Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Organizing Frenzy...

Having the kids home from school for the summer has brought up a few tasks that I have let fall to the wayside. They have a "game closet" that went from organized to complete catch-all disaster. It used to be something that you could walk in to. So, I have begun my quest to organize their things, closets, clothes, etc. That closet looks amazing, I must say.

This has created a domino effect on other areas in my life. I have big plans for their clothes next because they have grown out of many of the ones still residing in their drawers. (And my son doesn't seem to want to stop wearing some of his old favorites which can only be stopped by banishing them to the goodwill pile)

But before I get to that, the other day I looked over at my art desk and gasped. "That is what must come next!" I told myself. How else am I going to get moving on getting more stuff in my etsy shop with a desk like that? I should have taken a before photo, but that would only be very embarrassing for me to post. I did however take after photos because I am so delighted with the outcome of my organizing frenzy.

And viola!!...
This is my little artsy alcove. All organized and labeled.

This wooden 18 drawer shelf is brand new (to me). I just purchased it from a fantastic shop called The Embellished House. One of my favorite little antique shops near by. They had a warehouse sale the other day and I got the shelf for only $37.50! What a bargain!!
So to let you in on my labeling secret... I follow a blog by Cathe Holden. She is so talented and generous. I downloaded all my labels from her site which really cut down on the time it would have taken for me to create my own. I knew I wanted something a bit fancy and these were just the right look. Click on her name for the link if you are interested as well.
This little table is at the end of my art desk for those times that the kiddos want to take part in creating as well... which is most of the time.

I am a little late on the spring cleaning, but summer seems to afford me more time to get it done in. 
Now I can enjoy that space again!!



4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm so jealous! I need a solid week to clean my art room, it's a total disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome space! Congrats on getting it organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I spy two of my prints there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love them dearly! They keep me inspired as well. ;-)

      Delete