Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fun Finds...

This is what is on my desk these days. (Please pardon the mess!) I headed over to Melrose Vintage last week for their warehouse sale and came across these fantastic lampshades. In their original form they may not look so great, but I immediately saw promise in their metal structure and couldn't wait to take them home to transform them. I went right to work on stripping them down to their bones. 
This little guy was actually a recovered shade. There were two layers to take off.
I love both of the squarish ones. They have been the most fun to work with!
This one is my biggest. You can kind of tell the size by my water bottle in the background.
This last round shade was actually the first one that I worked on. I was so excited to rip it apart that I forgot to take a before photo - which explains the draped cover. I am in the process of fancying them up and should have photos for you soon. Once they are done, they will be the first addition to my etsy site. I cannot wait!

Here is a link to Melrose Vintage. I absolutely love that sweet shop. It is so full of inspiration. I am excited to be attending an art class there all day this Saturday taught by Terri Brush. If you have a love for vintage and crafting, I recommend you check the shop out... just be sure you have a good amount of time to spend there because it is chock full of goodies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment