Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 goals/resolutions

I always have the best intentions at the beginning of a new year to better myself – make myself more productive, more organized, healthier, etc. Well, in 2013 I did the healthier thing... and I was pretty successful there. Pilates has become quite a healthy addiction for me. Three times a week and I feel strong and healthy.

So what does 2014 hold for me you ask? Well for one, I will be working extra hard on the productive goal. I have already started a series of paintings which I am super excited about. I have three that I am working on at the moment. I should have them done in the next few days. And then I have three more in my sketch book that will follow those three. My sketches have been leading me towards animals lately. I am enjoying working on getting the general shape and likeness of the animal and then giving them that little twist to have my style integrated in... giving them a life and character all my own.

I also have the goal of flossing every day - no matter what! I know that sounds silly... but I haven't exactly been the best flosser my whole life :) And if this gives you any idea of my personality, I am also one of those people who when they make a list puts down the smallest thing that may or may not already have been accomplished so that I can cross something off right away in order to feel productive.

My list actually is pretty long, so I won't go into detail on all the rest, but here is a short list for you to see what else I have in store for myself.

- take part in more art/craft shows
- build my buisness
- blog more
- submit more art to publications
- take classes
- sketch more
- put more time and effort into building my etsy shop...

I'm hoping that by putting this out into the world I will feel held accountable for making them happen. Have you followed through with any of your resolutions as of yet? I'd love to hear what yours are too!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you on the health goals! I like your ambitious list for 2014. I'm going to borrow a couple of items from your list to add to mine! And flossing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete