Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Plugging along...

Here is my progress on the paintings. I am super excited to finish them up and get them (or at least prints of them) up in my etsy shop ASAP! I always have such a tough time letting go of the originals. I love making Halloween art. It is so much fun.

In these first two photos I worked on scraping on paint for the background with an old hotel room card.


After a layer of black and a crackle medium to finish off the background, I started working on the skin tones.


Next came the hair.


Then the facial features... fangs and all (on two of them.)


Then on to the clothes, hats and animals. I am still working the animals and the additional background stuff. 

It is fun to see the progression of the pieces. I hope you enjoyed it too!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, these turned out soooo great!!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete